The George S Cogswell school opened in 1891. It was the last public building that the Town of Bradford constructed before annexing to the City of Haverhill in 1897. It served as a public school for over 100 years before closing its doors a decade ago. The building was used by the city for school administration after its closing.
Creative Haverhill is working to Reinvent Cogswell to preserve its history as a community asset while fostering the growing creative landscape of Haverhill through public and private studios, gallery spaces, and creative programing to encourage residents and visitors to expand their access to art and to create. For more info visit: cogswellartspace.org